Well, we are recovering from our first experience with an ear infection... make that double ear infections to be exact. Poor little Isabelle! Not only did she have ear infections, but also a slight case of Bronchiolitis/RSV. Oh yes, and to top it all of she also had another tooth break through on Saturday! So from last Friday to Wednesday I got to stay home with our little sicky. We started antibiotics Tuesday morning and they kicked right in. By that evening our happy little baby was back. As Paul put it, "She's fun to be around again." Even though she was very sick she still wasn't too terribly fussy, but definitely more than she usually is and all she wanted to do is lay on her mama. We only had one really hard, long night of crying and now we're back to our normal schedule of 8-10 hour stretches of sleep. Now that she is on the road to being healthy I've got the crud. Oh well, what can you do? I'd much rather be the sick one... it's so sad to see our little baby sick and we don't even want to get into what it's like when daddy's not feeling well. LOL! =) Let's just hope he isn't next!
The only thing that really made her happy was a bath!
Feb 27, 2009
Feb 17, 2009
Isabelle turned six months old on the 12th and had her check up today. She is doing "perfect"... as the doctor put it. She is healthy and right on track developmentally. We still can't believe she is already 6 months old!
Our baby girl is growing up!
6 month stats:
Weight - 16lbs. 3 oz.
Height - 26 1/4 inches
4 month stats:
Weight - 14 lbs. 8 oz.
Height - 24 inches
Some of her latest accomplishments:
- She has perfected sitting on her own
- Has one tooth on the bottom and seems to be working on number 2.
- We started her on rice cereal a month ago and now she eats oatmeal cereal, peas, bananas, apples, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, and avocados. She loves eating from a spoon and thinks she is quite the big girl.
- She can roll from her back to her stomach and back over again. (Time to baby proof the house!)
- She is babbling away... what's new... =) She makes the ba, da, ma, pa, ga and the 'f' sounds along with her loud shrieks, squeals, and giggles!
- We started sign language last week. Currently we are working on milk, eat, more, and all done. It should take a couple months before she will begin signing, but she gets excited when I sign to her.
- And last but not least, she has been experimenting with going on the potty... yes, I know you must be thinking we're crazy, but my mom tried putting her on it a few weeks ago when she was watching Izzy and Dillon since Dill is working on potty training and she went every time she put her on it... 4 times in one day! From there, I decided to occasionally put her on the toilet to see if she will continue going and almost every time she does!
Our baby girl is growing up!
Labels: Growing baby
Feb 12, 2009
Feb 9, 2009
Isabelle and Dillon are so much fun now! They love each other and love to play together. Isabelle becomes more and more fun each day and we don't know how it is possible! She is laughing and smiling all the time, loves to play with her toys, pretends to be shy when daddy gives her kisses (so cute!), and watching her and Dillon interact is a riot! Here are a variety of pictures over the last month or so. =)