Apr 2, 2009

Ahhhh, REFRESHED!

Last Wednesday we took Isabelle back into the doctor. At noon when I went to feed her at daycare she was really warm and refused a bottle all morning. So we took her temp and it was 101.5. I gave her some tylenol and headed back to work to finish up a few things before taking the afternoon off. About a half hour later her teacher called and said her temp was up to 102.8. So Paul headed right over to get her and we took her into the pedi that afternoon. Sure enough she had another ear infection. Ugh, hopefully this isn't a trend starting. So we started her on antibiotics again that evening. We had to try something new since it had only been three weeks since she was last on amoxicillin. Since she was in pain and was clearly not feeling well we let her sleep with us for a few nights because she would not sleep in her own bed. This made for some long nights for all of us... our bed is just not big enough!

All weekend long she didn't want to nurse, wouldn't take a bottle and was still refusing to sleep in her own bed. Her cough was getting worse and by Monday afternoon when she was still refusing her bottle at daycare I decided to take her back into the pedi's. Luckily, her ears are clear! Yay! We just need to continue the antibiotics until Sunday. Her stuffy nose might have to do with not wanting to eat. Oh yes, and her top two teeth are trying to break through too so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well. She had only lost an ounce and doesn't seem dehydrated so the doctor was not concerned. He said we can use a little "tough love" to get her back into her old sleeping habits. So Monday evening we began...

It has been a LONG week, to say the least! Running on little to no sleep and fighting a cold myself has taken its toll on me... BUT last night we went through our normal bedtime routine and had Isabelle in bed by 7:45. I was out cold by 9:00. At 4:00 this morning I opened my eyes and when I saw the time couldn't help but smile... she slept through the night again! Isabelle didn't wake up until 5:00 to eat. Then I put her back to bed with her daddy and she slept until we had to wake her up at 7:00! I guess I wasn't the only one who was tired from these past few long sleepless night. We're hoping she is back into her normal sleeping routine so we can all catch up on some much needed rest and get healthy again! :)

No comments: