Jun 15, 2009

Not Me! Monday!



It's Monday, people! And it wasn't me! Welcome to my first edition of Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama, where mothers, wives, and other bloggers from computers around the world deny doing the things that they did during the week. A sort of confession-type therapy, only we're not really confessing are we? Well you might be, but I'm not. Nope, not me!

On Tuesday we attended a BBQ at Isabelle’s daycare that I did not know about for weeks. I did not forget to make something in advance. Nah, not me! I’m always so on top of things like this. So I did not have to rush to the store at 4:00 after getting off work to buy oil since I was out and needed it to make brownies or a cake. I did not then proceed to make a cake thinking that it would be ready by 5:30 when the BBQ began. When 5:15 rolled around I did not slap frosting on the cake while it was still hot only to ruin the cake and then end up stopping by the store to purchase a pie after all. Never! Oh yeah, and I wasn’t late and I didn’t contemplate not attending the BBQ either because I didn’t want to show up 10 minutes late.

I did not let Isabelle, my 10 month old, play in the drawer that houses the plastic zip lock baggies so that I could get the dishes done and she did not end up pulling every single one out of the box and sit and chew on them. I did not let this go on for a good ten (plus) minutes while I finished cleaning up the kitchen because she was so entertained and giving me a few minutes to do so. Nope, not me!

I did not make my husband upset yet again because I had no clue what was for dinner four, count them four, nights this week. We stick to a menu plan around here, darnit! I would not just end up throwing something together last minute. Again, naw, not me!

Yesterday afternoon I did not find my little one sitting in the middle of the floor with a pack of baby wipes strung out all over her lap with one in her mouth. I did not then proceed to call for my husband to come see “how stinkin’ cute she looked” and I didn’t contemplate getting the camera to snap some pictures before cleaning up the mess. And please note, I did not know she had the wipes and just figure she couldn’t open the package.

I did not have a homemade orea milk shake for dinner on Saturday night because nothing else sounded good. And even if I would have it wouldn’t have tasted like heaven! And I did not want the same thing for dinner last night. Nope, not me!

I did not just now get around to posting this blog after having it sit on my computer all day. Nope, not me!

Now you can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net to read what MckMama and everyone else have not been doing this week. Hope you enjoyed this and can join in on the fun! =)


No comments: