Jul 17, 2009

Polka Dots

This is a quite the sporadic post, but I have a ton of thoughts going through my mind today.

If you remember, we have a very special day coming up for our little girl. The birthday party details are all falling into place. I’m so excited! – Obviously, I’m blogging about it for goodness sake! :) Even though Isabelle will never remember this day (besides the hundreds of pictures) I want to make it as special as possible, I mean it is her FIRST birthday and all. Plus, I think every birthday should be extra special. It marks another year that we have had together with that special person. As we have all learned, life can be taken from us at any time. Unfortunately, this was revealed to us once again a little over a year ago. A day doesn't go by that I don't think of my cousin Shane. It rips my heart out to know how missed he is by our family, but I am joyous to know he is in heaven with our Lord.

I don’t live in fear that today could be my last or that I might lose someone close to me tomorrow, but it is the reality (as hard as it is to accept). And it is important to remember we are not the ones in control (although we sometimes wish we were), but the Lord has a specific plan for each of us and we must have faith that He knows all. So I have made a promise that every birthday for Isabelle will be extra special. What better way to start it off with a big bang?! I don’t want to give away too many details because I will have plenty of pictures and details to share after the big celebration, but can you say POLKA DOTS?

Today while I am sad while I think about those that we have lost, I am reminded about the blessings we have and I thank Jesus for each and every one of them. My eyes are filled with tears of joy and sorrow as I type...

----------

And switching gears, I’m leaving after work tonight for a girls weekend. My Bunco group and I are heading to our girlfriend’s cabin on Lake Coeur d’Alene. The weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend. I’m so excited! But of course I’m a little bummed about being away from Isabelle all weekend too. This will be my first time away from her over night. It will be a great time though and I’m hoping maybe I will get to sleep in a little too! Paul will be Mr. Mom this weekend. He has a bunch of fun plans for the two of them. I know he’ll spoil her so much that they won’t even miss me while I’m gone. ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and can take some time to think about all the blessings you have in your life.

Happy Friday!!!

No comments: