Mar 2, 2010

Heidi Visits!

Two weekends ago one of my dearest most amazing friends, Heidi, came to Pullman to visit. It was a much needed weekend with one of my best girlfriends. We met in college freshman year and have been through thick and thin together. It's always a blast to get together and reminisce about the good ol' days! :)
Heidi flew into Spokane Friday night and as we were on our way home we decided to stop at a gas station to use the ladies room. After a quick stop, we were on our way down to Pullman. About a half hour into driving and having no idea where we were (due to giggling and chatting away) a ding goes off and my gas light come on! We are in the middle of NOWHERE! We were to the point that the lights of Spokane were nowhere in sight and miles and miles of hills were in the other direction. I slow down trying to recall where exactly we're at. Would it be better to keep going or to turn around and head back towards civilization? I decide to turn around (thankfully) and four miles back we hit Spangle -- the only tiny little town between Spokane and another 70 miles before a gas station. We were so ecstatic when we saw the lights. It was definitely something to laugh about.

So after making it safe and sound to Pullman we headed over to my girlfriend's house for some Bunco. I was so excited to introduce Heidi to all my friends in Pullman. They loved her (of course) and even said they wished she lived in Pullman so she could join our Bunco group. The following day we took a nice walk down to Starbucks for coffee. It was wonderful to catch up and spend some much needed time together. I can't wait until she is able to come back to visit again soon, but next I hope to sneak away for a weekend to go visit her.

Thanks again for coming to visit Heids! It was so wonderful to have you all to myself for a weekend! I love you and couldn't ask for a better friend.


Auntie Heidi came bearing gifts! Clothes that Izzy loved!

(These are at 11:00 p.m. -- Izzy had to wait up for us.) Silly girl!

Isabelle had to show Heidi her bubble bath.

And Heid even got to meet Dane!

I have to say, I'm bummed we didn't get a picture together. What were we thinking?! ;)

No comments: