May 12, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

What an amazing day we had! The day started off with Paul waking up with Isabelle so I could sleep in. While I was still sleeping they slipped out to grab me a drink from Starbucks (Paul even got the correct drink -- a Caramel Macchiato, Mmmm!). Then I was woke up by a little girl saying, "Happy Mudda's Day, Mommy!" That could have been the end of my day and I would have been completely content. :) She is just getting way too big!

Izzy made me the cutest little art project at school and a card. She and daddy also gave me a Starbucks gift card (yes, I love my, decaf for the time being, coffee!) Paul said when they walked into Starbucks Izzy exclaimed, "Morning friends! Izzy's here!" How cute is that?! She also kept referring to my coffee as, "Mommy's treat." Don't know where she's heard that before. ;)

After sipping on my coffee in bed and eating french toast and strawberries for breakfast I took a nice long shower. Since the weather was finally semi-decent we took advantage of it and took a walk to the nearby elementary school to play on the playground. As you'll see from the following pictures, Isabelle loves the park/playground!

How cute is she?!
*Note to self: Do not let the hubby take close up pictures while pregnant
(my face looks a little um, let's call it, puffy)!

Obviously not a very photogenic day for me,
but the sun was in our eyes so we have that as our excuse. :)
Swinging with Daddy!





Pausing to take in the scenery. :)

She loves her pockets these days and wearing Daddy's hat too - silly girl!

And time for a little basketball with Daddy.

After our walk and time at the playground we came home and relaxed. The day before Paul worked all day out in the yard planting some new plants and flowers in the pots out front, mowing the lawn, and laying more river pebbles (or whatever they are called). That evening we were going to go out to dinner, but decided we didn't want to fight the WSU graduation crowd. So we went to Tim and Erin's and the guys barbecued dinner for us. It was a wonderful day and I am so overly blessed to have such an amazing husband and daughter! I don't know what I'd do without these two in my life! Thank you for making Mother's Day such a special, yet simple day for me. I love you more than words can describe!

No comments: