Jun 10, 2010

Another Peek!

This morning I got another little peek at Cooper. He is growing beautifully and his tiny little lips and nose are just too cute for words! He was very active so the profile pictures turned out a little blurry, (I'll share soon). :)

We didn't mention this to many people because we didn't want others to worry or to get us all worked up over nothing. Now that we know everything is okay I'll share a little... :) At my 20 week ultrasound two tiny cysts (Choroid Plexus Cysts) were found on Cooper's brain. Our doctor was not the least bit concerned because there were no other "markers" or "issues" and how common these cysts are in early scans. These types of cysts have no impact on an individual's health, development, or learning and the fetal brain may create these cysts as a normal part of development. They are typically temporary and usually are gone by the 32nd week of pregnancy.

Paul and I have both had a very peaceful feeling about the cysts going away and really didn't worry much about the findings. My doctor is just so wonderful and reassured us that there was no reason to worry. He also asked that we stay off of Google (haha, he knows me well - I don't get my name Dr. Google for nothing!). I listened to his orders and think that kept me from worrying. If other "markers" are found with these cysts there is a small correlation with chromosomal abnormalities (which no other markers were found in our initial scan). We scheduled a follow-up ultrasound, more than anything just to put our minds at ease that everything was fine. Sure enough both cysts were gone and he looks absolutely perfect!

It's hard to believe we'll be meeting our little boy in less than 12 weeks! Getting another sneak peek makes me that much more excited!!!

No comments: