Jun 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

We had a wonderful weekend! My family was in town for a birthday party for my oldest brother, Ty, on Saturday and Sunday morning we had brunch at our house for Father's Day. I love the food blog, Our Best Bites! I have been pulling recipes from their site frequently lately and have had success with every single one! For those of you who know me well, I'm not the best cook, but have learned that if I have a recipe in front of me I can make just about anything (and the step by step instructions on this blog are a big help!). I have really enjoyed trying all the new recipes lately and Paul has enjoyed it too! He even told me last night he has been quite impressed with my cooking skills lately... shhh, we won't tell him my secret. :)

Back to the point of my rambling... the menu for Sunday's brunch consisted of Puffed French Toast (EVIL, I tell you, but oh so good!), an Overnight Sausage and Egg Casserole, fresh fruit, and Mimosas. Everything turned out amazing! I'm still stuffed from eating so much! I wish I would have taken a picture of the food to share with you all, but you can hop over to their site to check everything out (don't say I didn't warn you that you will drool just a little and leave with the urge to make some really yummy food).

After brunch we just relaxed the rest of the day. Paul went out and shot his bow for a while in the afternoon while Izzy and I napped. I had plans to make a big dinner with this Creamy Cheesecake for dessert, but we were still stuffed from brunch. So I'll wait to make everything for a weekend when we're home again. You know, they always say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I'm hoping Paul enjoyed the food filled day as much as I did! We sure love and appreciate him! I couldn't ask for a better daddy for Isabelle. It just melts my heart to see how in love they are with each other. I sure hope he knows how lucky we are to have him!

(Pictures to follow)

No comments: