Jul 8, 2010

Our Fourth!

This weekend was full of an excess of relaxation, great company, comforting memories and savory food… a little too much food, but hey, what are the holidays for, right? I love the Fourth of July! It always brings back such fond memories from my childhood. I don’t know what it is about watching the fireworks sparkle in the sky, but it gets to me every time. Yes, I get a little teary-eyed during the grand finale every year and this year was no exception. As I sat with Isabelle curled up fast asleep on my shrinking lap, with Paul to my right, Papa and Grandma to my left, and the rest of my family strung about the lake front I couldn’t help but feel so overly blessed and happy. Hope you all had a great 4th of July as well!






Waiting for the firework show to start with Daddy.

Izzy was very tired and passed out on my lap right after this.

Watching all the fireworks going off around the lake.

Gigi, Papa, Erin and Dane hidden under the blankets.

First sparkler!

And what's summer without watermelon?


No comments: