Aug 22, 2010

Contractions!!!

I never thought I'd be so excited to be having contractions again... nice hard, take-you-breath-away, every three minutes contractions, but I am! I've been awake since 2:15 this morning and trying my hardest to sleep through the tightening of my stomach and back, but right when I think I might be able to doze off they strike up again. So here I am, surfing the internet and contemplating exactly when I should wake Paul up (again), take a shower, finish packing our bags and load into the car...

It's so nice knowing it will only take us minutes to get to the hospital and that my mom is only four blocks away at Julie's house so she'll be here as soon as we need her to be to stay with Isabelle. Aw, Isabelle... she is going to be so excited to finally meet her little brother, Cooper!

(Pausing for a contraction)

Okay, I'm back. We've been building up Cooper's arrival for months now and over the last couple of weeks explaining to Izzy that she will finally meet her little brother in the hospital or hopsital as she calls it. =) I keep trying to think of what everything is going to be like this time around -- how Isabelle will react, how this delivery will go, what Cooper will look like, and how life with two will be, but honestly, I can't even grasp it quite yet. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! I can't wait to see Paul hold his son for the first time, Isabelle to hold her brother for the first time, and for me to cuddle both my little loves in my arms for the first time!

The sky is starting to lighten up a bit so I suppose I better go hop in the shower! The next post will welcome our newest addition to our family!

1 comment:

CLewis said...

YEAH!!! How exciting:) I am so looking forward to hearing all about Cooper's arrival. I will be praying for you today, for a fast and pain free delivery and most of all for a healthy little boy. Be prepared for something amazing as your heart expands to take in two little people.