Aug 19, 2010

Why?

Why is it that the last few weeks of pregnancy are the hardest?

Is it because the excitement just takes over?

Or because of the discomfort?

Maybe it's due to everyone under the sun saying, "You're still here!" each morning you come into work?

Or is it due to the fact that your so close you can almost taste it?

Or maybe it's due to the fact that your body starts showing you signs of labor and you think it's just around the corner!

---

Either way, let me tell you, it is HARD to stay patient! I know I still have a week and a half until my due date, but knowing that I am 3 cm dilated and 2/3 effaced (on top of having major pressure and cramping all day long) I feel like it could be any day! Actually, each night when going to bed I think to myself, "Tonight is the night!" Then I wake up the next morning a bit disappointed. I guess you just get yourself so excited and ready that it's difficult to stay patient. Aw, patience... we can all use a little extra patience right? I guess I'll just have to look at each additional night that I'm still pregnant as another full (or at least almost full) night of sleep. This little guy will be here before we know it. Be it two weeks, a week, or one day... he'll be here very soon! I can't wait to hold you little peanut!!! =)

1 comment:

CLewis said...

The end is SOOO hard!! Hang in there Tatum, you are almost there. I am hoping that maybe you are having him as I type this;) Like you said, before you know it he will be here and it will all be worthwhile.