Nov 24, 2010
Nov 23, 2010
Nov 22, 2010
Our little man is three months old today. Can you believe it? As always, I sure can't! Over this past month things have just gotten better and better. Life feels normal now. I'm back to work, we're into a new routine, Paul and I have our specific roles down, the kids are doing great at school, and it feels as if Cooper has been in our family forever. Isabelle is back to her normal self as well and seems to be completely adjusted to life as no longer an only child. We had a couple weeks where she was acting out more than usual and just more whiny in general, which is to be expected, but now she has taken on the role of big sis and wears it proudly. She loves to show her baby brother off and is my little helper. I love to see their bond already developing and can't wait to watch it grow over the years. So all in all, things are good... nah, things are wonderful!
This month Cooper is:
- sleeping 6-8 hour stretches a few nights a week (sometimes more), but still has some nights where he thinks he needs to eat every 3-4 hours, but I'll take it! Those longer stretches of sleep are just glorious.
- smiling all the time now. He seems to smile way more than Isabelle did at this age and is just happy about 99% of the time. He's even getting close to giggling... can't wait for those little belly laughs!
- really laid back and an overall amazing baby. He rarely gets fussy and when he does he's either hungry, sleepy, or needs changed.
- a drooling machine as of late! If he's like his sister, his teeth are probably getting ready to start poking through in the next month or two so the last bullet may not hold true for too long.
- a favorite at his daycare. This is not just mama saying that either; his teachers say he is a breath of fresh air since the two other little girls are quite the handful.
- wearing 3-6 month clothes and it won't be long before he's in 6-9 month outfits. He's huge!
- his mama's boy and I absolutely love it! We'll see how long it last, but I'm going to take it while I can.
*Gasp! Two posts in a row without pictures... what has gotten into me? Let's just say I've been a little busy lately and haven't downloaded my pictures from my camera to my computer for a while. I'll be sure to have some new ones after Thanksgiving (if not sooner). :)
Nov 20, 2010
- Cooper now holds onto my hair while he nurses and sometimes while he's falling asleep... love!
- His little grunts and lip smacks while he sleeps... love!
- Isabelle's sweet innocence... love!
- The way she constantly wants to kiss and dote on her baby brother... love!
- The smell of freshly bathed little ones... love!
- Group hugs from Izzy... love!
- Kisses from my babies... love!
- Cooper's big smiles and almost giggles... love!
- Isabelle's expanding vocabulary and use of new words... love!
- Her new found love for princess and dress up... love!
- The way Cooper just lights up when he sees his sis... love!
- While in the other room, hearing Izzy talking to Cooper like I do... love!
- Being a mama to two (in my humble opinion) of the most perfect and absolutely beautiful children... love, love, LOVE!!!
- Don't worry, I didn't forget about Paul... I also love him more than words and the way he loves our babies too! :)
Nov 17, 2010
Nov 16, 2010
Nov 14, 2010
Let me tell you a little about the picture above...
Isabelle was very excited for the game and the weeks leading up to it all she could talk about was seeing Butch the Cougar (WSU's mascot). The last few times she's seen him she's cried. We arrived to the game early and she instantly spotted Butch across the coliseum. She watched him work his way around to our section as he was dancing and greeting other fans, and then he was out of sight for a bit. A few minutes later, there he was right by us! Her eyes started to well up and her lip puckered (he is a pretty big cougar up close so you can't blame her). Paul picked her up and I gave him a pet to reassure her. In the end she didn't cry and did let me snap a quick pick with him, but she was still pretty unsure. After he left she said, "I was just a little nervous, but next time I'll say hi and give Butch a high-five." What a little cutie! I'm sure by the end of the season she'll be hugging and kissing on him.
Nov 7, 2010
This one was my favorite. Done by our friend, Adam.
And if you'd like to see more pictures from our Halloween, visit this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2286143&id=25903893&l=d9b98191aa