Nov 22, 2010

3

... months old that is!

Our little man is three months old today. Can you believe it? As always, I sure can't! Over this past month things have just gotten better and better. Life feels normal now. I'm back to work, we're into a new routine, Paul and I have our specific roles down, the kids are doing great at school, and it feels as if Cooper has been in our family forever. Isabelle is back to her normal self as well and seems to be completely adjusted to life as no longer an only child. We had a couple weeks where she was acting out more than usual and just more whiny in general, which is to be expected, but now she has taken on the role of big sis and wears it proudly. She loves to show her baby brother off and is my little helper. I love to see their bond already developing and can't wait to watch it grow over the years. So all in all, things are good... nah, things are wonderful!

This month Cooper is:
  • sleeping 6-8 hour stretches a few nights a week (sometimes more), but still has some nights where he thinks he needs to eat every 3-4 hours, but I'll take it! Those longer stretches of sleep are just glorious.
  • smiling all the time now. He seems to smile way more than Isabelle did at this age and is just happy about 99% of the time. He's even getting close to giggling... can't wait for those little belly laughs!
  • really laid back and an overall amazing baby. He rarely gets fussy and when he does he's either hungry, sleepy, or needs changed.
  • a drooling machine as of late! If he's like his sister, his teeth are probably getting ready to start poking through in the next month or two so the last bullet may not hold true for too long.
  • a favorite at his daycare. This is not just mama saying that either; his teachers say he is a breath of fresh air since the two other little girls are quite the handful.
  • wearing 3-6 month clothes and it won't be long before he's in 6-9 month outfits. He's huge!
  • his mama's boy and I absolutely love it! We'll see how long it last, but I'm going to take it while I can.

*Gasp! Two posts in a row without pictures... what has gotten into me? Let's just say I've been a little busy lately and haven't downloaded my pictures from my camera to my computer for a while. I'll be sure to have some new ones after Thanksgiving (if not sooner). :)

1 comment:

CLewis said...

Wow!! He is getting so big:) 6-8 hour stretches...the most I have gotten out of Isaiah is 4 hours. Jealous!! Oh well, I know that eventually he will sleep and for now I am enjoying him being a sweet little baby. Hope your family has a great Thanksgiving.