Dec 27, 2010

Month #4

Can I first just say, what a wonderful holiday season it has been this year?! We had two wonderful extra-long weekends spent first at Paul's parents' and then at mine celebrating Christmas. We were spoiled beyond belief and loved soaking in all the time with our families. Hence the lack of posts with much substance lately, but we wouldn't want it any other way! I'm sure all (four) of those who read our blog understand, right? Right. ;)

Cooper is four-months-old as of December 22nd. Nope, I can't believe it either! His little personality sure is developing and boy is he adorable! We've been blessed with another extremely easy-going and happy little baby. This month he's started giggling, which is seriously one of my most favorite things to hear ever! A video will definitely have to be posted in the next few days. He's drooling like crazy so I think a tooth will appear real soon; he is working really hard to roll over from his back to stomach; he received his first buzz cut a few weeks ago (yes, at three months old!); and after a short "sleep regression" he's back on track as far as sleeping goes. I purchased a swaddle blanket last week and it has been a godsend! Coop loves to be swaddled and was waking up multiple times a night to be re-swaddled. Now that he can't get out of his new blanket, he sleeps all night with only one feeding usually around 1 or 2 a.m. We moved him into his crib last week and after one night of 30 minutes of crying, we can now lay him down and he's out with minimal to no crying. GLORIOUS! Isabelle was not (and still sometimes is not) the best sleeper. So I've been trying to work hard at not giving in. I'm a softy when it comes to hearing my babes cry and always just caved and let Izzy come into our bed. This time around I've decided it's not what is best for us... now if only we had a king sized bed. ;)

But I digress.

All in all, Cooper is doing amazing. He's still growing at a way too rapid pace. His four-month well child checkup is tomorrow. I'm excited to see how much he's grown in the past two months. His skin has been our only challenge thus far. The poor little guy has extremely sensitive and dry skin (thanks to both his momma and daddy's genes). We're hoping to get some answers on that tomorrow. For now, here's a few pictures our little sweetie in all his buzzed-head glory. I just can't get enough of this little man!

More than half his sister's size already!
UPDATE: We had Cooper's four month appointment today. He's 15 lbs. 11 oz. (70th percentile) and 26 & 1/2 inches long (90th percentile)... I told you he's a BIG boy! The doctor finally diagnosed Cooper's irritated skin as Eczema (I've been telling them that for months now, but it finally got bad enough I guess.) so he is now on a steroid cream for a couple weeks. We also found out he has a slight ear infection so he'll be taking the yummy pink stuff (aka: antibiotics) for the next ten days. Poor little man! Three shots later and he's a fussy little boy tonight, but one can't blame him. Here's to praying he sleeps soundly tonight. Last night he slept a solid 11 hours straight!

No comments: