May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Last night as I flung myself out of bed at 2:00 a.m. and rushed into a crying little girl's bedroom only to find she had gotten sick all over her bed and herself, I knew it would be a long night. I hate when my little ones are sick, especially with the flu! As I stripped her down and washed her off, I couldn't wait to cuddle her in my arms. I threw the bedding in the wash and new on her bed. We snuggled and she drifted off to sleep. With a bowl by the bed, I didn't sleep much and by the time I finally did fall asleep the littlest one began to cry... it was time for his middle-of-the-night feeding.

I knew I'd be tired in the morning. I knew I would be washing and folding multiple loads of laundry in the morning. But you want to know what, I didn't mind one bit.

This is what being a mommy is all about.

Sure, I would have loved to have slept uninterrupted in my bed last night sleeping in until 7 or 8 this morning. I would have loved to avoided the mess and laundry. But my girl wanted me; she needed me. And although motherhood isn't always glamorous it sure is more than anything I could have ever wished for. To say being a mommy is amazing, gratifying, humbling, life-changing is an understatement. I am beyond blessed to be the mommy to these sweet little peanuts and couldn't imagine life without them.

Mother's Day 2011... nice lazy day with my loves.

And of course I couldn't thank my own mommy enough for the love, support, and guidance she has given to me. Before having my own children I had no idea how much she loved me, but now I do and it makes our relationship that much more special. Thank you for being not only my mom, but also my best friend. I can only hope that one day Isabelle and I can have the kind of relationship we have. I love you!

To Paul's mom, Cindy -- thank you for raising such a great son! He is an amazing father and husband who I am extremely thankful for. Thank you for welcoming me into your family with open arms. We love and miss you!

And finally to our grandmas -- each of you are so special to us and we are blessed more than words can express to have you at the helm of our families. You are amazing mothers, grandmas and now great grandmas. Thank you for all you are and do. We love you!

Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing moms I know! I hope that today you each had a chance to relax and feel appreciated for all that you do. :)

1 comment:

Chrystal's Corner said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Tatum:)