Jun 9, 2011

Summer.

Yesterday felt like summer. Not the weather. Definitely not this weather, but something about yesterday felt good.

::

I started the day with a 5AM walk/run around the neighborhood. The birds were chirping, cows were mooing in the distance, the sun was shining, the air was fresh and crisp and I was happy. When the alarm clock went off I wanted that extra half hour of sleep so badly, but knew if I just got up and moving I'd feel better. And I did.

As I finished my little jaunt through the nearby pasture and along the trail that is umbrellaed by maple trees, I couldn't help but feel in awe. In awe, of this amazing life I have. It felt good to take a step back from the daily hustle and bustle. And maybe that's what I love most about summer.

::

I love how things start to slow down during the summer. Each outing feels a little less crazy and everyone seems to be so low key. Simple meals, simple outfits, but tons of fun to be had!

We finished the day off yesterday by stopping by the store to grab a pie to take to Isabelle and Cooper's end of the year BBQ at school. I should have made something, but honestly, I didn't mind. It just felt nice to be celebrating the end of the school year and I wasn't going to let my lack of preparation get in the way of my littles and me enjoying a simple celebration.
And she loved the strawberry pie she picked out.

::

Summer is right around the corner!

I'm looking forward to lazy weekends spent at the lake. Watching the kids splash in the water, building sand castles, and soaking in the sun.

::

Dear Mother Nature: Please feel free to let summer out to play! We're ready and waiting patiently. Thank you!

Happy Friday my friends!! Any fun summer plans you have?

No comments: