Aug 30, 2011

A belated glimpse into the CIRCUS PARTY!

Phew! I am way over due for a post about the circus birthday party we had for the kiddos on August 13th. We've been trying to soak up these last few weeks of summer, but are now slowly adjusting back to our normal fall routine. We are no longer working summer hours and are back to the regular 8-5. As much as I would much rather have the summer hours year round, it's been nice to have the students back on campus and to settle back into our little routine.
Ah yes, back to the reason for this post -- The CIRCUS PARTY! Isabelle and Cooper woke up from their naps right before guests started to arrive and were so excited about the "big top" and balloons in the living room.

A BIG thanks to my momma and Jules for all their help with decorating, food prep, house prep, kid prep... you get the idea. : )


Each little one at the party received a goody bag complete with their own clown nose, mini circus animals, glow sticks, animal crackers, bubbles, pinwheel lolly pop and circus peanuts.
I made ice cream cone and popcorn cupcakes, Cooper's smash cake and my mom made a jell-o cake {my dad's favorite -- the 13th was his 50th birthday so of course we had to have candles for him too.}
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but check out these adorable popcorn cupcakes. I was quite proud of how well they turned out. I used mini marshmallows, cut an x in the top of each, smooshed the edges a bit, and sprayed with yellow food coloring to look like butter.

We had cotton candy, colorful candied popcorn, elephant ears, mini corn dogs, hot dogs, hamburgers, and coleslaw. {Yep, real healthy...}Oh yeah, there was watermelon and cantaloupe too!

The kids got their faces painted, played in the ball pit, took pictures in the photo booth {a separate post on that coming soon!}, played bean bag toss, and were entertained by a special guest clown. : )
How sweet are these boys? Best buddies!


And one last one of the cupcakes... because I'm that giddy about them. I know, I'm a nerd!

The party was a blast and everything turned out perfectly. We missed all of you that weren't able to make it, but understand how busy this time of year can be.

1 comment:

Heidi B said...

Tate! Love the pictures! The cupcakes look AMAZING! It's really making me want to eat one right now! Everything was absolutely adorable! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!