May 3, 2012

If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands…

CLAP! CLAP!

That’s right. We’re happy and loving life!
I’ve been horrible about posting to the good ol' blog lately. When I’d stop and think about it I’d actually start to feel really guilty. Silly I know, but I felt like I was doing a horrible job of documenting our lives and sharing updates with all our family and friends who enjoy catching up via our blog. Okay, I have a confession to make. I haven’t completed {or even started} Isabelle and Cooper’s baby books. I have the books and they are stuffed with pictures, notes, first haircut clipping, hospital bracelets, etc., but nothing is put together. Sad I know. And I feel so guilty about it, but I reassure myself that at least I have the blog and have done a pretty good job documenting their lives electronically. Well, not lately…
Last night as I sat at my laptop thinking of where to start, I couldn’t think of anything creative or exciting to share. So instead of writing just to write I closed the laptop and cuddled up with Paul in bed with a nice cup of cookies and cream ice cream. Nothing like ice cream to take the guilt away, right? {Wink}
This morning when I started to think about what post I should start with to get the blog rolling again I felt this weight lift off my shoulders. I guess you could say I had an aha moment – It’s okay that I haven’t had the opportunity to post lately. We’ve been so busy and completely consumed in our lives and that makes my heart happy. That's what matters most.  
Laundry isn’t getting folded and put away as quickly as I’d like, pictures aren’t being downloaded off the camera for months on end, DVR’d shows aren’t being watched, books are left unfinished on my nightstand {three to be exact}, and, as you all know, the blog is beginning to collect dust. But you know what, I’m okay with it. We are taking trips to the park, building forts in the family room, reading long books before bed, giving horsey rides and rough housing with the kids each night, taking extra-long baths, taking slow walks around the neighborhood as we stop to look at bugs and flowers, cuddling longer than we normally do at bedtime, baking cakes and cookies without worrying how much flour ends up on the counter instead of in the bowl, eating ice cream in bed {mommy and daddy only}, and just loving our time spent together.  
The kids are in such a fun stage right now and we are just soaking up every minute {I think I say that about every stage}. Cooper is coming out of his shell and proving to us all that he does indeed have a voice and opinion. He went from our sweet, quiet, and laid back little baby to a little man who is still quite shy and reserved, but who also isn’t afraid to hold his ground with his big sister and show us when he’s not happy about something. This has been a bit of a challenge as his sister is quite stubborn herself. You can find Paul or me playing referee quite a bit lately. It’s fun and challenging all at the same time. Now if only we could get rid of the high pitched screams.  
To wrap things up, I guess the point of this post is that you may see some posts from me and you may not and I am starting to be okay with that. Just know when you aren’t seeing posts from me, we can most likely be found running around the house singing “If You’re Happy and You Know It”, clapping our hands, stomping our feet, and shouting HOORAY!!!   

1 comment:

AllyceR said...

This makes me so happy for you guys. I love that you are just enjoying life. Soak up all these moments that you can. I love little updates here and there and it's nice that you don't let blogging, laundry, chores and messes get the better of you and you just let yourself enjoy your family--I aspire to be that for my baby as well! ;)