Dec 28, 2012

Cookies, milk, and reindeer food.

I have been wanting to host a kid's Christmas party for a couple years now and after seeing Kelle Hampton's Reindeer Food Bar idea on her blog Enjoying the Small Things {one of my most favorite blogs I must add} I knew we had to have one this year. As always, December was very busy and just flew by so before I knew it we were only a few short weeks away from Christmas and I decided to have an impromptu milk and cookies party. 

An evite was sent and mama's and their kiddos were asked to join us for some holiday cheer in their jammies at 6:00 on a Sunday evening. I'm blessed to have an amazing group of mama friends with lots of little ones. I invited them all assuming many would not be able to make it, but out of the 18 kids only two were unable to come. So we had a packed house of 16 little ones under the age of 5 and a half and I loved every minute of it. 

I decided to have an evening get together right before bedtime. Kids would be fed and could just stop by for an hour of so for a couple crafts and a cookie or two. The timing was perfect! Not a single breakdown until right as everyone was heading out the door and the best part was the littles were already in jams so all we had to do was put them to bed. 

This is definitely a tradition I want to keep going. Next year I'll start planning much more in advance. I pulled it off in a week, but there are so many more fun details to add next go around. 

Reindeer Food Bar






 Miss Kenley makes me melt!
World's cutest nephews.  
 Sweet little Janey!













The whole gang! 
I am blessed to have these amazing friends in my life. 



 Santa hat decorating station
 Yep, totally worth it! 

No comments: